October 2, 2017

September 2017 Favorites

And a happy October, aka the best month, to all of you. I'm excited to show off the favorites I have for this month. I have a new holy grail foundation and I even have some rediscovered drugstore favorites. Let's get right into it. Also can we talk about how cute the little pumpkin succulent is? It's fake of course but I got it from Target for $3 and I just think it's such a cute decor for this season.





Bare Minerals Bare PRO Performance Wear Foundation in Cashmere:
I'm so happy to get back into one of my very first brands that I ever tried when I first started wearing makeup. I already rave about their liquid lipsticks enough that I'm sure everyone is done with me taking about them. I always loved their powder foundation since I started using it when I was 15 and my acne was at it's prime. Now at 25, I'm fighting with hormonal cystic acne but this new foundation has done AMAZING things for my skin. For starters, their products are already dermatologists tested so great for those with acne prone skin. It also has your spf 20 in it which is always important especially if you're on active acne medication like myself. You want to protect the skin from the sun's rays constantly and I think it's an important part in our routine that many people forget to incorporate. It's also a breathable full coverage formula and sets itself, so you don't even need powder on top of it. I'm beyond amazed at how well this has concealed and reduce the redness from the acne scarring yet the foundation still looks like skin. So no cake face here and definitely not overly mattifying. It wears beautifully throughout the day and only a few of my oils seep through but I don't look greasy at all. I received so many compliments on my skin with this foundation which I found shocking since I know I still have redness. Overall, if you're looking for an easy foundation that you don't have to worry about throughout the day and is easy on the budget ($34 is not bad at all for a well performing foundation) then I would definitely give this one a shot.

Also I'm so happy that brands are doing pumps for their foundations. THANK YOU SO MUCH.




Biossance Squalane and Antioxidant Cleansing Oil:
This is a new brand in the beauty industry and my second favorite product this month. Before I was using the Clinque Take off the Day Balm which I did love but I'm happy to be using a product that has more natural ingredients and has been dermatologist tested which really has been great with the tail end of my cystic acne. The squalane oil (which is all plant derived) is going to help lock in moisture and hydrate over time. So you're giving back to your skin while removing the impurities instead completely stripping the skin. I think there are several things I love about this. I like that it has a pump (clearly stated in my excitement from the last product). It's also a powerful oil for removing makeup but still gentle and is safe on the eyes so use this EVERYWHERE. Always remember to use cleansing oils on dry skin in order to remove the makeup and oil afterwards. I personally love using this product and then taking a warm, wet washcloth and placing it over my face after massaging the oil in my skin. I'll then take the same cloth to remove the oil. I find the heat of the cloth helps remove the makeup better and it also feels incredibly relaxing after a long day. Anyway, if you're looking to explore into a natural skincare brand, I think this would be a great product to start off with and will greatly help with the "makeup removing" routine.



BITE Amuse Bouche Liquified Lipstick in Chutney:
Soooo speaking of liquid lipsticks, we're going to talk about a completely different formula of one that I've been wearing the majority of this month. This is a high shine, but fully pigmented color of a liquified lipstick. It's a thick formula but has a smooth application and doesn't tug at the lips at all. Although it is high shine, it's not sticky at all. I normally don't go for these type of finishes (I'm more of a matte finish type of girl) but I've really been loving the feel of this on my lips this month. It has such a good amount of hydration that last for several hours and the pigmentation fades away gracefully overtime. Throughout the day, it doesn't feel as thick as when initially applied and instead feels like a nourishing lip balm. I can see myself liking this a lot more especially when it gets a bit colder out and I want that extra lip balm treatment but color payoff. Sephora currently has a holiday kit for $22 and 4 minis if you want to experiment them first before committing to a full size. Bite always make such great sampler kits every season and these are great as a gift for yourself or to a friend especially if you never tried BITE before. It's a great way to treat yourself but also getting the most out of your money.



Fresh Sugar Lip Caramel Hydrating Balm:
And speaking of hydration, this will probably be my main stable lip balm going into Fall. As you guessed it and how my nose loves things that smell like food, this has a rich caramel scent that hydrates that lips without it being a super thick formula. I think the only downside to this is that it's in a tin when I prefer my lip balms more in a tube. However, that's definitely something I can over look because the thing I love the most about this lip balm, is that it doesn't disrupt your lip color. The first time I tried this, I was wearing a liquid matte lip color for several hours and I put the lip balm on top. Not only did it give me the hydration that I needed, but the color I had on my lips stayed in place and didn't get on my teeth (yay!). I would say this is more of a "treat yo self" product, but nevertheless, another great product from Fresh.


Essence Make Me Brown Gel Mascara:
I'm so excited to get back into some rediscovered drugstore favorites! I've been incredibly lazy with the eye brows this month but I'm also starting to realize the importantance of having some kind of definition to the eyebrows so I went back to this product. I never tried Benefit's Gimme Brow before but I will say the brush on the Essence one looks very similar to the Benefit's product and could definitely be a dupe for it. It helps give some tint and hold to the eyebrows throughout the day and is perfect for the lazy girl routine. Also the main difference is definitely the price point. For $3, I don't think you can go wrong with something just a simple and similar to the Benefit one. Save your money dear.




Wet and Wild Color Icon Bronzer in Reserve Your Cabana:
This is not a bronzer at all. However, it is a beautiful highlighter that honestly I forgot all about and was shoved towards the back of my makeup drawer. This isn't going to be your super sparkly and "highlight so bright you can blind a person" highlight. It's a subtle highlight that enhances the cheekbones and looks so natural. I forgot how much I love this type of highlight and it's great for days when I'm doing subtle looks. Also for $4, you get SO much product. It's about the size of my cheek. Not the best packaging (I know mine looks worn out and gross) but the important part is what's on the inside (truly a great life motto to go by) and the inside of this product, is perfection.




Commodity Gold:
You guys know that I love really good scents and I'm also the worst at describing really good scents. I was just introduced to this fragrance this past month and I've been wearing it constantly. If I want something a little bit more for for a night out, I'll go for the Elizabeth James Bourbon which I feel like has similar notes to this Commodity scent, just more enhanced. The Commodity Gold. Ugh honestly I just stopped typing to smell it more. It has a warmth and a slight sweetness to pull you in. Kinda reminds you of a late fall/ early winter evening and you're wrapped up in a flannel blanket next to a fireplace with someone. It's so inviting but also still subtle so good for everyday. I hope that helps but if not, feel free to look at the notes of the scent online and just go get a sample a Sephora. Just do it. It's so intoxicating and you'll feel like a million bucks (I guess hence the name "Gold").

sephora.com


Guys that's it! That's all my favorites for this month and I'm super excited to get into the fun holiday months and holiday products with you all. Wishing you all an awesome October!




No comments:

Post a Comment