May 18, 2017

Favorite Matte Lip Products (part 1)

I'm counting this as part one because let's be honest, you know my collection is going to grow a lot more. These are my top favorite matte lip color formulas from liquid lipsticks and lip crayons. So grab a coffee or and a snack. this is going to be a pretty lengthy post about me raving about these lip products.




Bare Minerals Matte Liquid Lip Color
If I had to pick a favorite liquid lipstick, it would definitely be these. There is no fuss with these and are perfect for everyday. The only one bad thing to say about these is that they do transfer a little but on a plus side, they transfer gracefully and don't leave a lip liner mouth. However, these are incredibly comfortable and light weight but no dryness. Their whole range of colors are also in the nude family and there's a shade to work with every skin tone. I honestly can't stop wearing them and everyone should try at least one. The names aren't my favorite, but I have it in the shades "swank", "xyz' "bo$$" and "swag". Also, these smell like chocolate pudding and it's intoxicating. These will always be a favorite in my collection.

From left to right: Swag, Bo$$, xyz, Swank



Ofra Liquid Lipstick in Mocha
You guys, this is the dupe to Lolita from Kat Von D. I feel like at this point there's a lot of dupes out there but this is extremely similar and a lot more comfortable. The formulation is a little bit thicker on the lips. It dries down matte, doesn't transfer, and the best part is that it doesn't dry out my lips like Lolita does. Unfortunately I only own one color but now I'm hooked on the formula and I'm curious to try out more. On a major plus side, Ulta now carries Ofra so lots of yays! Also there's a more in depth review of this from my May Favorites 2016 if you want to keep reading more about it.



Meet Matt(e) Hughes Long Lasting Liquid Lipstick:
I adore these. Definitely similar to the Ofra formulation expect a lot lighter on the lips, no transfer, and fades gracefully just like the Bare Minerals one. I find that the more neutral shades apply much better then the darker shades. As much as I love the red shades, I do find that these apply patchy and unevenly so that would be my only down side to these. I have these in the shades, "committed" "trustworthy" "charming" (all nude-ish shades), "loyal" and "adoring".  Finally, these smell spot on like Girl Scott Thin Mint cookies. Clearly smell is very important to me.

From left to right: Committed, Charming, Trustworthy, Loyal, Adoring


Sephora Lip Cream Stain:
I first fell in love with these when there wasn't too many matte liquid lipsticks out on the market yet, but it was pretty affordable compared to Kat Von D and a lot more comfortable. I had the shade 01 Always Red and it is essentially the perfect, classic matte red. It gives you perfect, velvet soft red lips and it's almost kind of mesmerizing. These are comfortable and transfer proof but I do find drying and flakiness maybe around 7 hours in. I think I find this more with the darker shades as well. I have two of the nude shades in 23 Copper Blush and 41 Vintage Rosewood. They also have bright fun colors in the line to experiment with (personally I'm eyeing down the lavender shades).

From left to right : 23 Copper Blush, 41 Vintage Rosewood,  01 Always Red


Smashbox Always On Matte Liquid Lipstick
I got this in a Sephora Play Box a while back and it has been my favorite items I got from these subscription boxes. I have it in the shade "Driver's Seat" and I love how it's a coral but very subtle and wearable. Besides the colors, it's the formula that I'm blown away about. I had a pasta dish with oil in it one day for lunch and even though it was starting to get a bit drying on lips, it didn't flake off the and color was still on there after eating. I'm hooked on these and I'm really curious to try out more including the metallic line.



LIP CRAYONS
Of course most of these lip crayons are not transfer proof, but they all provide excellent comfort and fade away gracefully.

NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil:
A little pricey but this is by far one of the most comfortable lip pencils I own. I did receive this as a Sephora birthday gift I believe 2 years ago? I have it in the shade "Cruella" The formula is creamy, matte and has no tugging. This also pairs beautifully as a base before adding the Sephora lip cream stain "01 Always Red" on top. They also make certain shades in this deluxe size as a duo if you're curious but don't want to commit to the whole $27 for one lip pencil. I've also featured this in my Favorite Red Lipsticks if you want to check that cool stuff out.



Inglot Lip Pencil:
I feel like this brand definitely could use more recognition but I haven't heard these about these much throughout the beauty community. These are a bit easier on the budget and are retractable. I have them in the shades 32 and 22.
Right to left: 22, 32



NUDESTIX Lip and Cheek Pencil in Belle:
This was another perk I got from the Sephora Play Box and this is very similar to how creamy the NARS lip pencils are except I like these just a bit more because you can also use these for your cheeks. This blends and applies beautifully on the cheeks and lips, Very easy to work with for everyday, plus I love products that can be used as mutlitaskers. Swatches of this can be seen in my January/ February Favorites post since it's currently hiding in my room somewhere *sad eyes*. 

e.l.f Matte Lip Color
Finally, for something a little bit easier on the wallet but still looking for an easy matte lip, these $3 ones from e.l.f are fantastic. I would suggest using a liner for the darker shades since they aren't the best at cleanly lining the lips. These do have a built in sharpener in the bottom which can help it to a fine tip. These are a little bit more thicker and aren't as creamy as the nars and nudestix, but for $3 it's still providing comfort and that matte look. My favorite, probably top favorite in lip colors of all time is Praline. I can't get enough of that shade especially for the Autumn months.

From right to left: Tea Rose,  Praline, Scarlet Night


HONORABLE MENTION:

Jouer Long- Wear Lip Creame in Paypaye:
I know this product is leading more towards "matte but metallic" products, but I have to mention this because it was a product that I didn't think I was going to be obsessed with. I picked this up at IMATS 2 years ago and it has been one of my most used products. I love to pop this in the middle of my lips on any matte lip and almost ombre it out. It gives it a "fuller lip" effect and I'm blown away at how much I love using this to give an extra bright shimmer.

It also smells spot on vanilla frosting *eyeballs roll to the back of the head*



So you think that was  big enough list? As I mentioned in the beginning of the post I'm sure there will be a part two coming up in the near future but for now I figure I throw out those few favorites. What matte lip colors do you really enjoy using or provide the best comfort? Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment