July 9, 2017

Review: Sephora Pro Warm Tone Palette

Happy Sunday! This is a review I've been really excited to do because I definitely believe it's going to be a palette that's going to sell out this Fall season especially that it's limited edition. I did purchase this on my own. It was definitely something that I wasn't planning on purchasing it but after swatching it in the store, I was in awe. I've been wanting an all warm tone palette (or as I like to call it, "pumpkin spice" palette) for quite sometime now.



                                Sephora PRO Warm Eyeshadow Palette

I really want to get into the packaging for starters. It's a nice sturdy feel and the mirror is big and clear. You also get 1.2 grams of shadow for each one which I think is a great amount considering how nice and pigmented they are.

The colors. Lets talk about these colors. They are amazing. If you are a warm tone lover, you're going to enjoy this palette. I find that all of the shadows blend beautifully (minus two shades that I will mention in a bit). What really impressed me about this palette though are the mattes. They are so creamy and pigmented but still blendable. I find them very similar to the Kat Von D matte eye shadows which could be difficult to achieve sometimes. With a good primer, these shadows stay all they and don't get muddy or mix into one another. The only downside is that the shadows can kick up some powder but I think it's something that can be looked past.


First row going from top to bottom: Canvas, Oat, Biscotti, Camel, Ochre, Saddle, Auburn

 The first row is great for all of your basic matte shadows for a base and great transition crease shades. Personally I LOVE the ochre yellow shade as an all over color on the lid.

Second Row Top to Bottom: Sand, Brass, Clay, Copper, Bronze, Adobe, Sandstone



Third Row Top to Bottom: Hazelnut, Khaki, Peach, Brick, Terracotta, Burnt Umber, Chestnut



Top to Bottom: Brown Sugar, Caramel, Sepia, Coconut Shell, Cocoa, Cedar, Obsidian

The only shades that I found some patchiness with and wasn't as smooth as the others was "peach" and "brown sugar". "Peach" can definitely be worked in a eye look with fix plus or anything similar to that to enhance the pigmentation. Also, do you see that matte black. DO YOU SEE IT? I was blown away. 

Other personal shades that I love from this palette include Chestnut, which is actually a brown but has a plum undertone. Brick is another beautiful shade that I like to consider a ruby slipper red. Of course, I'm in love with the pumpkin colored shades such as Terracotta and Clay. 

It's been a while since I've been absolutely in love with a palette but I'm glad I did a "treat yo self" purchase for this. The price is up there especially for Sephora Collection but this palette doesn't disappoint. I think they did such a great job this year with this and really focused on the simplicity but focused on high quality towards the packaging and the formula of the shadows. I really hope they continue to make palettes like this or maybe even make small ones for a travel friendly version. This is going to be well loved addition to my makeup collection.


No comments:

Post a Comment