September 22, 2017

Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Review

To be quite honest, I was never super excited for this for this line to come out. I have nothing against Rihanna, I just feel very neutral about her. I did get the foundation and highlighter as part of gratis with Sephora though so I decided to check them out myself.



Fenty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation;
I may be neutral towards Rihanna, but I am amazed with her makeup line. Granted I have not tried all of the products but just from the foundation alone, I'm impressed. For starters she has 40 shades in her collection. That is beyond incredible and something that all companies need to supply. It's also oil free which has been really great especially with my acne prone skin. I think the main take away from this foundation that I love so much, is that it's a breathable, lightweight and full coverage. It's the most comfortable foundation I've tried. It's also sweat proof and the most important part? IT HAS A PUMP. THANK YOU.



I find throughout the day it tends to get a bit drying on my skin so it's best to go in with a good moisturizer before applying.

Overall, this is a great foundation for skin like, full coverage. She priced it affordably at $34 so everyone would be able to purchase (especially now that drugstore prices are going up). I think she really took the time to really focus on her main product and have to perfect many people's skin tones and types. The only downside is that the color I received for gratis (120) is way too pale for me so whenever I wear it, I do have to bronze up my face for it.

Killwatt Freestyle Highlighter in Mean Money/ Hu$tla Baby:
At first glanced, I thought I would like the first shade more than the second shade since it was more golden and I thought it would be too much of a "golden glow" on my pale skin. Surprisingly, it was the opposite. The shade Hu$tla Baby is creamy and has a peachiness to it that helps calm some of the gold. It's definitely a unique highlighter shade that I don't own in my collection yet which I'm pleasantly surprised with. However, I was a bit disappointed with the shade Mean Money. It looked like a really subtle subtle with little to no shimmer, and I feel like nothing swatches on my arm. I even tried applying it with a brush and I still feel like it doesn't add anything to the look. I'm not sure if it has a film to it or I just got a dud. Throughout the day, it wears excellent and is still on my cheeks from the first time that I applied it. But overall for the highlighter duo, at least for this particular shade duo, is a 50/50 for me.



I think this is definitely a line that many people will enjoy but I think the main product and most exciting thing for me at least is the foundation. Again, I wasn't expecting to love it this much and it really shows that she took the time to curate a foundation accessible to everyone with any skin tone. That alone, makes her line incredibly successful and something that will grow in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment