October 10, 2017

Review: 3 mascaras (Urban Decay Trouble Maker, Buxom Big Tease, It Cosmetics Superhero)

Mascaras. It's become one of those things that I've grown to love over the years and find it essential for any makeup bag. These are the three that I have been trying lately and I develop quite an idea on how I feel about them as well as letting you know which one is my favorite out of all of them.



So generally, my lashes are about a short to medium length and they're always straight with trouble holding a curl. In the pictures below, I used 2 coats of each mascara with no primer and without an eyelash curler. Be ready for some up close and personal photos of my eyeballs as well as crazy untamed eyebrows



Buxom Big Tease Mascara:
I've tried Buxom's mascara in the past and did enjoy how much it was able to comb through the lashes but I remember it being an "okay" mascara. I feel about 50/50 on this new one. It's best to talk about the pros first. Despite it being somewhat intimidating, I actually do enjoy the cone brush a lot because it helps get into the tiny lashes in the inner corners. I find that the more I use this, the more I enjoy using it has it helps curls, lengthen and separate the lashes somewhat well. HOWEVER, this part disappoints me a lot because I find this very difficult to take off at the end of the night. Throughout the day and when I come home, I also notice that it has smudged and I'll have raccoon eyes. Not cute at all. It upsets me because I actually do enjoy this mascara but it's not worth the struggle of taking it off at the end of the day for those type of results. I could use a primer of course and see if that helps with the raccoon eyes situation but it's still difficult to remove.

I would suggest to try the Smoky Extravagant Make Up For Ever mascara which has that similar wand shape but is a lot easier to maintain throughout the day and has an easier removal process.



Urban Decay Troublemaker Mascara:
Out of all of them, this is my least favorite mascara and I really wish it would work for me. With that being said, let's focus on the two positives about this product. The packaging is captivating and stunning so I do give them credit for that. Out of the three mascaras that I tried, this has been the best brush for combing through the lashes. However, these are the only positives I have about the mascara. It's not a terrible mascara but for me, the results were very natural and there wasn't a significant difference in length. I find that I can't use this mascara on it's own but, I have been using this mascara more as a supplemental mascara with other mascaras. So it is beneficial in that sense but with that being said, I think you're better off saving you're money and purchasing the Covergirl Super Sizer , a mascara that I have raved about before and highly recommend if you need that extra lift that also combs through the lashes but give much better length.




It Cosmetics Superhero Mascara:
I hate being in love with a high end mascara but this....this mascara. I truly think the hype is real with this one and It Cosmetics is becoming a growing brand with me that I've been loving (including the CC cream). I think the more I use this, the more I'm going to love the formula. I think what I love most about this is the curl and length it provides that helps me look awake. It's a mascara that makes me feel comfortable to not wear an eye liner for because it provides so much of that definition. This formula is also not heavy on the lashes and is easy to remove when you're ready to remove it. I also love that it holds the curl (even without curling my lashes) all day since my lashes always seems to fall straight constantly. I'm beyond obsessed and I know I'll be extremely sad when this is done (*sobs in a corner*).


                             

So three mascaras and three reviews. Of course you can seem to figure out that the It Cosmetics product is my favorite one but of course you can be the judge for yourself and see which results you like the best.

Until next time, stay beautiful ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment