June 8, 2016

Spring/ Summer Skincare Routine

I finally have somewhat of a skincare routine since I'm so drawn to using makeup wipes or micellar water for easy access especially for late working nights. But I'm getting better sticking to a routine despite how tired I may be (this includes after maybe a couple of glasses of sangria as well)



Morning Routine:

Been very curious of the Boots Botanics line ever since I saw it at Target. So when I got a Target gift card for my birthday (by the way, probably just the best gift you can give me because I'm a Target hoarder) I decided to pick these up.



The cleanser and a new addition to my skincare routine, toner, are part of the All Bright line which contains brightening hibiscus. I really like using these two products in the morning because it does help brighten up the face before applying the rest of my products for the day. The toner also helps tighten up the pores and I feel it makes my skin feel absolutely clear of any other impurities. I don't notice any long time results with these products. I just enjoy that it gives immediate brightness to the face and cleans the skin before the start of the day.

Occasionally, if I feel the need for extra exfoliation or my face is looking extra dull and tired, I'll reach for my mini Peter Thomas Roth Pumpkin Enzyme Mask. This stuff is incredible. I might even consider one day to purchase the whole tub despite it being around $58. This is a fairly quick mask and only requires you to leave it on for 3-7 minutes. There's is a bit of tingly action when you first apply it but that's the magic working (yes I said magic). When you wash this off, the skin looks even brighter and awake and focuses to reduce the appearance of aging. And of course, I have to mention the smell because I am you're typical girl that enjoys a great pumpkin scent. The scent is spot on pumpkin pie. I want pumpkin pie as I type this because food scent related products are my thing of course.

Finally, I add my Garnier Ultra-Lift  Anti-Wrinkle Firming Eye Cream in the morning and night routine. This stuff is pretty fantastic considering it's drugstore. Not too thick and not too thin of a consistently. I've definitely noticed improvement of de-puffiness around my eye area and a reduce in wrinkles over the past couple weeks with consistent use.

Nighttime Routine: 

My Conair Skin brush is my favorite for taking off all of the makeup at night but actually giving it an extra clean removing any dirt that may have accumulated as well. I pair this with my Clean and Clear Continuous Control Acne Cleanser which helps continue to keep my acne down. I have a previous blog post on both of these products here if you're interested to know more.  And always remember to to cut up your cleansers when you "think" you're done with them. There's always so much more product in there aka more of your money. For removing eye makeup, I've been using baby oil which helps to break up all of the stubborn mascara once it's massaged in. Cheap and effective. Aren't those the best products?


If some pimples do decide to just show up, I go for the Acne Free Spot Treatment Terminator 10 . Again, this is one of those products I found that you have to use at least for a night or 2, to see the the pimple diminish overtime.

I find that my skin doesn't need a night moisturizer especially with the warmer months coming up so I mostly just stick to using my eye cream. Sometimes if I want to do a little bit of R&R, I will use one of the Sephora Face Sheet Masks. There's so many to choose from but I really been loving the Avocado and Green Tea sheet masks. It helps to give the extra boosts that the skin needs and replenishes it especially after long work weeks. Plus, it just feels relaxing and cooling. Considering that these are $6 each, it's good to treat yourself and your skin once and a while. And if it's not that great of a week, you go for 2 masks a week and a bottle of red.

Finally, a intensively moisturizing lip balm is a must. Often, I will go for the Vaseline lip therapy in creme brulee but something about the spring month's is making me use the Smith's Strawberry lip balm. Both are great thick lip balms that I personally enjoy using at night.

For the quick nights when you can't be bothered with a whole routine:

I personally enjoy using the Kirkland makeup wipes (Costco brand). I like that you get 4 packs of 30 count wipes and 2 travel size with 15-count. Is it just me or makeup wipes that have an actual closing lids are just better? The wipes are definitely great to remove makeup including mascara and they aren't too drying but sometimes I find them too harsh for my skin. When that's the case, I use micellar water in particular the Sephora Triple Action Cleansing Water. I think I like using micellar water a little bit more just for the added moisture it provides to the skin whereas makeup wipes could dry out the skin.




What products do you enjoy using for the Spring? And out of curiosity what are your favorite makeup wipes and eye makeup removers? I'm always looking out to try new products for those quick nights.♥

No comments:

Post a Comment