May 14, 2016

April Birchbox 2016

Good Morning! Today I bring my review of this month's Birchbox which I wish I was more excited for the products in it as I was for the design of the box. Rifle Paper Co. designed this box for this month and it's definitely going to be re-purposed (I was thinking maybe for sheet mask and mini mask samples?)










Acure Organics Pore Minimizing Facial Scrub: Probably my least favorite product in this box. Although it deeply cleans the skin well and slightly exfoliates it, I couldn't get over the smell. It might have just been me, but I feel like it almost has a curry smell to it (it might have been the Moroccan red clay that's in the scrub). I stopped using it because of the smell. But if you don't mind the smell, I do think this is a great facial scrub that does, as it says, cleaning out impurities and leaving the skin clear and soft.





Benefit Cosmetics the POREfessional face primer: It wouldn't be a monthly subscription box without one. This primer is much loved for a reason. It reduces the appearance for pores, oil- free and provides a matte base before putting on makeup. I've heard that the NYX's pore filler primer is a drugstore dupe for this if you wanted to spend less money but get the same results. However, I never personally tried the nyx primer so that's a whole other post.





Davines OI All in One Milk: As mentioned from my previous birchbox review, I'm not a big fan of putting product in my hair very often. It's described in the card that this is a "leave-in treatment" that adds "volume, shine, detangling, and heat protection".  I've tried using this product on it's own when my hair was towel dried and just for fun tried to spray some after curling my hair to give it added shine. Overall, this product didn't do much for me. I feel like I was adding unnecessary product for something that my hair didn't need.








The Beauty Crop PBJ Smoothie Stick- Guava Nice Day: I really adore the packaging and appreciate clever puns such as this one. I also love the convenience of chubby lipsticks as in how it doesn't require too much work and is very easy to reapply. The pigmentation is fantastic and give a graceful stain to the lips. It goes on the lips smooth and even though it a bold magenta, it comes off muted and soften berry. Smell is not my favorite  and neither is the color unfortunately. I only seem to wear this when I have it paired up with a deeper berry or mauve color put in the middle. However, I think the product and formulation is great. I'm just not a fan of the color. But hey, maybe I'll eventually branch out of my comfort zone this summer and wear more pinks.







Juliette Has A Gun- Not a Perfume: I saved the best for last. I wouldn't have thought that a perfume sample would be my favorite thing in this box this month. This "perfume" has one single ingredient in it which is Cetalox. This is also allergen free and described as elegant, minmalistic and pur. I'm not a big perfume girl but this is so light and simple but has a little bit of spice to it to give it a little something extra. The only downside is that it lasts for about 5-6 hours. I've gotten so many compliments this month wearing this perfume and I'm considering buying a rollerball to carry in my bag. I'm obsessed with this and I definitely recommend getting a sample from Sephora just to try it out.
Overall not my favorite box this month but I will say that perfume is going to be my staple this spring and summer. Did any of these products in particular caught your interest? Let me know down below♥

No comments:

Post a Comment