January 10, 2017

Too Faced Peach Palette Review and Swatches

Too Faced continues to be one of my favorite brands when it comes to food related things and making them into wonderful palettes/ makeup products. I was beyond grateful that I was able to get the Peach Palette from Sephora gratis this past holiday season and after testing it out a bit, I've come up with my own opinions on the product and whether it is worth the hype or not. Although I received this for gratis, I always give my 100% honest opinion and thoughts on the product.

Originally when the peach palette came out, I loved the swatches and shadows but then I figured "how many of these neutral shades do I already own?" and "do I really need it?". But after testing it for the past couple of weeks, it truly is a unique neutral palette and I adore the combination of plums and peach creating almost a "sunset" type of look. 


For starters, the smell is wonderful. Smells just like candied peach rings and every time I smell it, I want a whole bag of them. Too Faced definitely knows how to get these spot on smells to their palettes which kinda provides a calming experience in a way (is that weird?)

I also apologize in advance for the strange font sizes in the photos. Photo editing wasn't fully cooperating with me early this afternoon and I'm still a newbie with the whole blogging experience.  

There are two duds with this palette however which are "tempting" a deep brown/black shade with fine golden shimmer and "talk derby to me", a deep plum/ black shade with purple shimmer. I was kind of upset with that second shade though because it looked like it could have been unique shade in the palette, but both shadows didn't provide with pigmentation  or blendability since they were so dry. Instead, it seems like the type of shades that would make the eye shadow look very muddy. I also kind of wish there were more peach shades to the palette. I do enjoy "candied peach" and "bellini" a lot but I was hoping for more peach and berry shadows with some neutrals (mostly the second row of shadows shown below).



Although I do enjoy the matte shadows in this palette, my favorite has to be the formulation on the shimmer shades. They are so creamy and pigmented which is probably one of the main reasons why I keep picking up this palette. One shade I do like using as a highlight for pretty much anything including my face is "nectar". I have it compared at the bottom here to the balm's Mary- Lou Manizer to show that it has a little more of that "peachy" warmth to it. 





Overall, if you are looking for a neutral palette with hints of color to it but nothing too crazy, this would be a great palette. But if you're like me, and have a massive amount of neutral palettes, I don't think this is necessary to pick it up. It is nice and reminds me of spring and summer months, but I continue to gravitate towards my Chocolate Bar Palette and pick up colors from single eye shadows in my z palette. I find it easier to build on colors that you already know you like and create a look from that. 

But then again... the palette smells like candy. Delicious candy. 

Any neutral/ color combo palettes that have worked out for you? Do you enjoy the dessert related scents that Too Faced constantly comes up with? Share some love down below 


No comments:

Post a Comment